Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Satin Flower tuTorial!

STEP 1: i layered the satin 3 times. Used a bowl that was about 5 1/2 inches and cut around it to make 3 circles!


there is 4 circles in this picture, but you only need 3


STEP 2: cut slits around circle


STEP 3 : cut off tips of each petal. FYI none of this has to be perfect because when you burn it you wont even tell!


STEP 4: now you are going to burn each petal. you will want to curve it like it petal and burn arount the edge. I used a lighter, but you could also use a candle.


this is what it will look like when they are all burned. if it catches fire, you can snip it off and burn it again. i liked the way they looked burnt so i kept it!


STEP 5 : take a piece of tulle the width of your flower. Tie it in a knot, take a second peice of tulle and then tie it in a knot around the first knotted piece, to make it look like this!


STEP 6 : Hot glue it to your petal!





IMPORTANT!!!!!!!


REPEAT STEPS 4 & 5 to make it look like the picture below. Also for this step i tied a third peice of tulle to make it even fuller!


STEP 6: Cut 4 petal apart from the base


STEP 7: glue them randomly like so!


STEP 8: you will make another tulle Knot like you did in STEP 5
STEP 8: bunch it so you can put a drop of hot glue on the knot!


STEP 9: glue it to the whole flower. after everything was glued on i went around and trimmed all the tulle to make it shaped like a flower!


STEP 10: i cut out to pieces of felt. glued one to the bottom of the flower, attached my alligator clip & a pin! Then i glued the other peice of flet inbetween the clip and pin to secure it!


My model was sleeping so you get me!!



I think they turned out so cute, you can wear them in your hair, on jewlery or clothes! i hope you understand everything, this is my first tutorial. im not too good at explaining how i do things. Let me know how i did!

2 comments:

Brenna said...

You explained perfectly! I have made these before but without the tulle that is a nice touch. I didn't know you were so crafty! Love it!

h said...

Nice blog!
I was just stopping by on a search for flower tutorials and ended up here. Thanks for the tutorial.

(P.S. I thought I'd give you a quick note that your title image has a typo. It should be "Wood Family/It may be a crazy life, but it's our life!" the 'are' should be 'our' ;)

Good luck!